News in Brief
Danielli and Court re-sign with Ulster
Simon Danielli has re-signed with Ulster
© Getty Images
- International duo Simon Danielli and Tom Court have signed new two-year deals with Magners League side Ulster.
Scottish wing Danielli joined Ulster from Borders in 2007 while prop Court arrived in 2006 before forcing his way into the Ireland setup.
"I have been honest from the start, I have been here for over 4 years, and I made it clear that I wanted to stay with Ulster," Court said. "I am really pleased that everything is now sorted out, I feel very much at home here, I love the people, I love the rugby and I know this Ulster squad is developing in the right direction."
- Flanker Hendre Fourie has signed a new two-year deal with Leeds Carnegie.
South African-born Fourie harbours ambitions of representing England, having broken into the Saxons setup this season. Leeds head coach Neil Back believes that he can excel at the highest level.
"I think Hendre can play at the very highest level," he said. "He does things in games that most people probably do not appreciate but his team-mates and the coaching staff certainly do. He has been outstanding for us this season."
- Worcester have signed Scotland international prop Bruce Douglas, 30, from Top 14 side Montpellier. Douglas, who has played 43 Tests, will join in the summer following the conclusion of the current season.
- Glasgow fullback Bernardo Stortoni, 33, has has signed a new two-year deal. The Argentina international joined the Warriors from Bristol in 2007.
- Former Wales hooker Steve Jones has extended his contract witn Newport Gwent Dragons by two years. Jones joined the Dragons following regionalisation in 2003, having begun his career with UWIC and Neath.