Chisora ban to last 'a few years'
Dereck Chisora will be banned from boxing for at least "a few years", according to British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC) general secretary Robert Smith.
Chisora was stripped of his licence by the BBBC on Wednesday, having been summoned to a hearing focusing on his eventful weekend in Munich last month, which has brought a lot of negative publicity to the sport.
The Brit slapped his opponent Vitali Klitschko at the weigh-in, spat water at the Ukrainian's brother, Wladimir, before the first bell, and was involved in an ugly brawl with David Haye at the post-fight press conference, which ended with Chisora threatening to shoot Haye.
Chisora has been afforded 14 days to decide whether or not to appeal the decision - and there is no guarantee he will, having told the Independent on Sunday last week that he was intending to take "whatever punishment they inflict on the chin".
"There has been no set period when Chisora can re-apply for his licence," Smith said in the Guardian. "But what we're obviously talking about is a few years."
Although Chisora cannot box in Britain for the time being, he may be permitted to do so abroad.
He has also been suspended indefinitely by the WBC, whose heavyweight crown he unsuccessfully tried to take from Vitali in Munich.