Krasniqi: Cleverly has underestimated me
Robin Krasniqi has warned he will 'surprise' WBO light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly after revealing he is being underestimated by his opponent.
The 25-year-old German will fight Cleverly on April 20 at Wembley following two delays to the bout. The fight was due to take place in April last year, but was then moved to March 16 this year. However, after Ricky Burns' opponent Miguel Vazquez had picked up a virus the battle was postponed yet again, and since then Burns has left Frank Warren's promotions.
WBO international light-heavyweight belt holder Krasniqi says he is ready to take on Cleverly, and wants his opponent to continue to believe he will comfortably win the fight.
"They [Cleverly and his camp] underestimate me," Krasniqi said to BoxRec News at an open workout in Munich.
"They think I'm just a stepping stone. They should keep thinking that because I'm looking forward to it. I've done everything I can and I am confident I can surprise them."
Krasniqi is currently on a 38-fight winning streak and has knocked out his last four opponents, and says he has only one thing on his mind.
"I'm highly motivated and looking forward to the trip. I'm going there only with the thought that I will return as the winner," Krasniqi, who lost two of his first three professional fights, said.
"Physically speaking I'm ready and we've got another two weeks left. I've got some sparring to do and I'll be done with that next week. My coaches are really pleased with me."