Injured Haye out of Charr fight
David Haye has been forced to pull out of his fight with Manuel Charr in June on account of a hand injury.
The British heavyweight is looking to work his way back up the ladder towards a world title shot and the fight with Charr was viewed as a stepping stone towards Vitali Klitschko or his brother Wladimir.
The pair had already been on tour promoting the clash, which was scheduled to take place in Manchester on June 29, but a left hand injury has put Haye's plans on hold.
"I'm absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight on June 29," Haye said. "I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into fights, but this was one I simply couldn't recover from in time. I need to rest it up for at least four weeks.
"I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion. But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets to the fight.
"I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as soon as possible, so they can now make other plans.
"As soon as I am told I can resume full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know."