- Carl Froch v George Groves II
Groves brands Froch 'a liar' ahead of rematch
George Groves has branded Carl Froch 'a liar' ahead of their rematch at Wembley on Saturday night.
The pair go head to head in their super-middleweight clash following the controversial stoppage to their first bout last November, where Howard Foster stopped the fight in the ninth round which enabled Froch to retain his IBF and WBA titles.
Froch admitted he underestimated Groves last year, but now says he is more mentally prepared ahead of the rematch.
However, Groves says Froch has used that as an excuse and has branded Froch 'a liar'.
"Go back and watch this time before the first fight - he said he was in perfect condition and was hitting all his targets," Groves told Sky Sports at the weigh-in at Wembley Arena. "Either he was lying then or he was lying now. Carl's a liar. Simple as that.
"He's used the excuse in the first fight saying he wasn't ready. If he's ready this time, it doesn't make a difference. We can go all night long - this fight is going to get worse and worse for him. I don't think he's going to get past three rounds. Paddy says five, maybe six. If we need to go 12, we can.
"The belt should be mine. Carl's had them on loan for six months. They're in London now and I'm not letting them leave."
Meanwhile, Froch insists he is ready to beat Groves once again in front of an expected post-war British record crowd of 80,000.
"I feel really good, I have had 12 weeks to get my head around the fact I have got to fight George Groves again, which is no problem, it's boxing and I like to give the fans what they want, I've done it time and time again," he told the BBC.
"This is the fight that makes sense. Two or three days after the first fight we decided I was going to fight George Groves again anyway it was just about getting it right and Wembley Stadium is getting it right."