Former F1 driver Adrian Campos has rejected rumours his Campos-Meta team may not be ready to line up on the grid to make its F1 debut in 2010.
Joan Villadelprat, whose entry Epsilon-Euskadi was not invited to join the grid by the FIA, suggested this week that of the three new teams USF1, Manor and Campos, the latter appears the least prepared for F1.
But the former Minardi driver said preparations were well underway for the forthcoming season; team headquarters in Valencia were being refurbished and he revealed that the car would be ready for a January 10 test.
"There is no reason to doubt us. We will be in F1," Campos told the Spanish newspaper El Pais. He revealed the team's budget would be between €45m and €50m.
The team has been linked with a number of drivers, but Campos revealed he had been in talks with Spaniards Pedro de la Rosa and Marc Gene because Campos Grand Prix needs "one experienced" racer alongside a "promising young guy". Vitaly Petrov, Bruno Senna, Sergio Perez and Karun Chandhok have all been linked with the team.