- Premier League
Maicon and Javi Garcia lead Man City quintet
Manchester City have completed a quintet of transfer deadline day signings with the late confirmation that Spain midfielder Javi Garcia has completed a move from Benfica.
The fee for Garcia is undisclosed, but it is understood to be in the region of £16 million. Confirmation of the deal came soon after City had completed the signing of Serbia defender Matija Nastasic from Fiorentina, with his arrival following those of Maicon, Scott Sinclair and Richard Wright.
Nastasic, 19, moves to the Etihad for an undisclosed fee, and the deal sees City's Montenegro international Stefan Savic, who has struggled to establish himself in Roberto Mancini's plans, move to Italy.
Speaking about his interest in Nastasic before the deal was concluded, Mancini said: "He will be one of the top players for a long time."
Mancini will be happy with his business following a slow summer that had seen only Jack Rodwell sign for the champions.
Maicon, 31, had worked with Mancini during his time at the San Siro, and moves to Eastlands for a fee in the region of £3 million. The Brazilian right-back has won 66 caps for his country, and will join up with his new team-mates after international duty.
He told City's official website: "I am very happy to have signed with Manchester City. I can't wait to go to the Etihad Stadium and meet the fans who supported the club last year. I hope that they support me this year and we can get a lot of good results.''
Sinclair, who represented Team GB at the 2012 Olympics, said this summer that he would not sign a new contract at the Liberty Stadium and was looking to leave.
Swansea rejected a £6.2 million offer from City on Tuesday, but a restructured offer of a reported £6.2 million with add-ons that could see the total deal rise to over £8 million was accepted.
Sinclair, 23, excelled at Swansea after struggling to make the breakthrough at Chelsea. He was an integral part of the Swansea side that won promotion to the top flight in 2011 and also impressed in their opening season in the Premier League.
"It [the situation] has been dragging on for the last week or two, but I am just glad I am a City player and I have signed that deal," he said.
"There were times when I wasn't too sure what was happening or wasn't happening. I had to speak to the chairman and my agent - I didn't know if I was going to stay at Swansea or sign for City. But I am delighted and just happy to be here.''
Sinclair came on as a substitute and scored in Swansea's opening day 5-0 destruction of QPR at Loftus Road, but was omitted from Michael Laudrup's squad as the Swans followed that up with a 3-0 cruise against West Ham.
Richard Wright has also penned a one-year deal with the Premier League champions, having left Preston earlier this summer after just a week with the League One club. The 34-year-old, who won one cap for England, will provide cover for Joe Hart and Costel Pantilimon.