- Premier League
Milan warn City over Balotelli price
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli will only move to AC Milan "if the price drops", club vice-president Adriano Galliani has said.
The Serie A club are continuing to consider a move for the 22-year-old Manchester City striker, who has been linked with a move from the Premier League champions following a training ground disagreement with manager Roberto Mancini.
Milan revealed on Saturday that they had been told it would take a fee of €37m to take the forward from City, a price Galliani said was too high.
"At the end of Friday, Manchester City still said €37 million [as a fee for Balotelli]," Galliani said. "We will see on Monday but, under these conditions, he will remain at Manchester City."
Galliani reiterated that point in an interview with Sky Italia before Milan's victory over Bologna on Sunday, saying: "It depends on them [City]. I am waiting, they are there, and if the price drops then we will jump for Balotelli. Otherwise, we will stay in Milan.
"They are his legitimate employers, so we wait, observe, and see what happens. How much does it have to drop? We don't know. Paying in instalments is an option, but you still have to pay."