Klopp denies Dzeko-to-Dortmund deal
Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has rubbished rumours claiming the German champions have already agreed a deal with Manchester City forward Edin Dzeko.
Dzeko, 26, recently told German football paper Kicker he would return to the Bundesliga in the future, but denied there had been negotiations with Dortmund.
Reports on Thursday suggested that a deal was all but done, as the club look to replace want-away Poland international Robert Lewandowski ahead of next season.
Dortmund, however, were quick to rubbish the rumours and general manager Aki Watzke told SID: "That is sheer nonsense and not funny anymore."
Speaking to a press conference on Thursday afternoon, boss Jurgen Klopp also commented on the speculation in a jovial tone, claiming: "I am bit disappointed Michael Zorc [the club's general manager] left me in the dark and signed him without informing me about the transfer."
He then added: "There is no truth to it. Dzeko is a good player though, but that's beyond our resources."
Seconds later Klopp received a call on his mobile phone. "Anonymous call," he said and imitated answering the call with a smile: "Hello, Edin!