- Premier League
Martinez: No bids for Fellaini or Baines
Everton manager Roberto Martinez has again insisted that the club has received no fresh bids for either Marouane Fellaini or Leighton Baines.
Both players have been the subject of transfer speculation this summer, with David Moyes seeing his bid to bring Baines with him to Manchester United rejected earlier this summer.
And with the Premier League champions' hopes of signing Cesc Fabregas fading fast, press reports on Wednesday revived interest in a £23milloion bid to bring Fellaini to Old Trafford.
But Martinez, Moyes' successor at Goodison Park, moved to set the record straight for the second time in a fortnight.
"There are no bids," Martinez told Everton's official website. "When you read that someone is interested in someone, it doesn't mean there is a bid on the table.
"Marouane has been working really hard. Leighton Baines has been working really hard for the team and that's all that matters."
Fellaini, who has also been linked Arsenal this summer, has a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to clubs in the Champions League who submit a bid of £22 million or more.
But time is running out to exercise the clause, with Everton protected from losing the 24-year-old too close to the September 2 transfer deadline.
"Headlines in the media happen at this time of the season unfortunately but it won't distract me from the work we have to do," Martinez added. "I'm not bothered at all.
"It is speculation in the media and you'll never stop that. I've said from day one as a manager you only concentrate on working hard. I don't mind having my players grabbing headlines. That's a good story because it means they've been doing well and performing well.
"I'm only concentrating on having as strong a squad as possible for the start of the season. That's all my concern is."