- Premier League
AVB targets more Spurs signings
Andre Villas-Boas insists Tottenham Hotspur's transfer business for the summer isn't over yet, though he declined to comment on a potential move for Willian.
Spurs have swelled their ranks at great cost so far this summer with almost £60 million splashed out on Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue and club-record signing Roberto Soldado.
But Villas-Boas wants even more new faces in his squad before the transfer window closes on September 2.
"We haven't finished," Villas Boas said. "I think we have a very good squad and we have obviously already had some activity in the market, but we are looking further. There is a possibility."
Asked whether he could confirm if Spurs were looking to pip Liverpool to Willian, the Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder, Villas-Boas added: "Not really. I have spoken about him in the past, very long ago.
"He is a player that I appreciate, but a player that belongs to Anzhi and I will respect them."
The potential exit of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid still looms large over Spurs, with the fee likely to be in excess of £80m if the transfer does goes through, which could fund deals for several new players.
Bale missed Spurs' opening Premier League win over Crystal Palace complaining of a foot injury, and Villas-Boas confirmed he will play no part in Thursday's Europa League play-off round clash with Dinamo Tbilisi.
Villas-Boas said: "He [Bale] is eligible for selection because he is included in the UEFA team, on the list we put through. But he's not available because of injury.
"He is going to have a clearing session today (Monday), so hopefully we will get good positive signs."