- Transfer News
Kagawa has no plans to leave United
Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa is unlikely to leave Old Trafford in the summer, according to his agent.
The news appears to rule out any imminent return to Borussia Dortmund, after Kagawa last week admitted his spirit almost broke at United this season during a "disappointing" campaign where he failed to score a single goal.
Speaking before the German Cup final between Dortmund and Bayern Munich on Saturday, Kagawa's agent Thomas Kroth told kicker magazine that the 25-year-old had no immediate plans to move on.
"Shinji will play the World Cup now and then see what the new Manchester United manager's plans are," said Kroth. "Right now, it is rather unlikely that he will leave the club in the summer."
Kagawa has been linked with a switch away from United for some time after failing to win a regular place in the starting line-up since his arrival from Dortmund in 2012.
Dortmund attempted to lure him back following Mario Goetze's transfer to Bayern Munich last year but he vowed to continue to battle for a first-team place in Manchester.
Two weeks ago, Dortmund CEO Aki Watzke played down persistent rumours linking Kagawa with a return, asking on a Sport1 talk show: "Would [signing] a third No. 10 make sense?"