Galatasaray reject Moyes after talks
David Moyes has been told by Galatasaray that he is not among their top targets to replace Roberto Mancini after he held talks with the Turkish club.
Moyes has been out of a job since being sacked by Manchester United in April after only 10 months in the job and met with Galatasaray president Unal Aysal in Istanbul on Friday but the club are more interested in Joachim Low and Jurgen Klinsmann.
A club spokesman said: "The president has given a speech about it. He said that we just spoke with David Moyes and he said that he can come to Galatasaray but he is not one of the main targets for us.
"They just spoke to each other, exchanging ideas - that it is it. It is true the president talked with Moyes. We are not in a rush - we are waiting for the end of the World Cup. The first two targets are Low or Klinsmann.''
Galatasaray are searching for a new manager after Mancini, the former Manchester City manager, left his position earlier this month. They finished second in the Turkish Super Lig, nine points behind Fenerbache, and will be in the Champions League once again after reaching the last 16 of the competition last season.
Low, the current Germany manager, signed a new two-year contract with the German Football Association at the end of last year but has managerial experience in Turkey having being in charge of Fenerbache in 1998.
Klinsmann, who has guided USA to the last 16 of the World Cup in Brazil, also recently extended his contract and became the team's technical director, increasing his influence within the sport in the states.
In the apparently unlikely event that Moyes convinces Galatasary to change their minds about him, he would become the club's second Scottish manager after Graeme Souness took charge in Istanbul for the 1995-96 season.