- Transfer News
Milan agree two-year loan deal for Torres
Chelsea have confirmed that Fernando Torres will join AC Milan on a two-year loan deal, subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
Torres will replace Mario Balotelli at Milan after the Italian striker joined Liverpool for £16 million earlier this week.
The player's representatives held talks with Milan on Thursday and were confident a deal could be struck with Chelsea.
Earlier on Friday, Jose Mourinho had said he would only consider selling Torres if the striker told him he wanted to leave Chelsea.
Now Torres is set to leave before Monday's transfer deadline, having reportedly informed the club of his intentions.
Torres, who moved to Stamford Bridge for £50m in January 2011 and scored just 45 goals in 172 appearances for the club, still had two years remaining on his contract but will receive no pay-off, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Mourinho had said on Friday that Torres may be ready to "try a new life, a new club, probably a new league.
"If he wants to leave, I believe it is to try and be happier than he was in the last couple of years."
Chelsea are known to have been monitoring a number of options as a replacement for Torres, including Mattia Destro - although Roma have ruled out a sale - and Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but they must get rid of one foreign player in order to comply with Premier League regulations.