- Force India news
Unwell di Resta to miss FP1
Paul di Resta will miss first practice for the Indian Grand Prix due to illness.
Di Resta will be replaced by Force India reserve driver James Calado on Friday morning at the Buddh International Circuit. Calado has previously taken part in FP1 in both Italy and Korea after becoming the team's third driver at the start of September.
Due to Paul being unwell I will be driving tomorrow mornings FP1 session.— James Calado (@JamesCalado) October 24, 2013
Speaking earlier on Thursday - when there was no mention of any illness - di Resta said he was still confident of retaining his seat at Force India and says the lack of confirmation for 2014 is not unusual throughout the midfield.
"I don't feel uncertain," di Resta said. "Force India has come out to say what they want to say; we've made sure we're not missing out on any opportunities in the paddock. I think the midfield, nobody's certain anywhere at the moment, but they've come out in good time and we're waiting for the decision. They said it'll be very soon, they've got an option and we're no different to what we thought we would be.
"Looking up and down nobody's announced anywhere. As far as I can see there's Sauber, Williams - obviously Toro Rosso's taken but it would be - so there's nobody there and you don't know where it is. They know what I can do and they know my competitiveness; if they give me the tools I can deliver."