RaboDirect PRO12
Scarlets' three tries see off Glasgow
ESPN Staff
September 7, 2012
Report Match details
Date/Time: Sep 7, 2012, 19:35 local, 18:35 GMT
Venue: Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
Glasgow 13 - 18 Scarlets
Half-time: 6 - 10
Tries: Cusiter
Cons: Weir
Pens: Jackson 2
Tries: Fenby, North, Shingler
Pens: Priestland
Scarlets winger George North, Northampton Saints v Scarlets, Anglo-Welsh Cup, Franklin's Gardens, Northampton, England, November 18, 2011
George North was back to try-scoring form in the Scarlets' win over Glasgow
© Getty Images
Related Links
Tournaments/Tours: RaboDirect PRO12
Teams: Glasgow | Scarlets | Wales

Aaron Shingler, Andy Fenby and George North ran in tries for the Scarlets as they recorded their second win of the season with an 18-13 victory away to Glasgow.

Shingler and Fenby's tries meant that the west Wales side were ahead at half-time 10-6, though Ruaridh Jackson had kept Glasgow in touch with two penalties. A Rhys Priestland penalty and then North's try allowed the Scarlets to keep Glasgow at arm's length and Chris Cusiter's try and Duncan Weir's conversion were too little too late.

Priestland missed the chance to open the scoring when he dragged an early penalty attempt wide. Jackson wasn't so profligate and he opened the scoring after when Scarlets' hooker Matthew Rees was penalised, but he missed his second attempt soon after.

Shingler grabbed the first try of the match after a typical Scarlets counter-attack that the flanker completed when he took North's pass and raced across the line. Shingler was then sin-binned for a high tackle on Peter Murchie, but while he was off the field Jackson missed a straightforward chance to put Glasgow back in front.

Simon Easterby's side stretched their lead shortly before half-time when Fenby kicked on Jonathan Davies' kick through and touched down in the corner. Jackson kept Glasgow in contention with his second penalty just before the break, but Priestland cancelled out the three points when he landed a penalty of his own in the 46th minute.

After half-time North's try in the corner appeared to have put the match out of Glasgow's reach, but Cusiter went over between the posts and Weir converted to give the home side a lifeline that they were ultimately unable to take.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Live Sports

Communication error please reload the page.