Trevor Allan
Full name Trevor Allan
Born September 27, 1926, Bathurst, NSW
Died January 27, 2007, Sydney (aged 80 years 122 days)
Major teams Australia
Position Centre

Test career
Span Mat Start Sub Pts Tries Conv Pens Drop GfM Won Lost Draw %
All Tests 1946-1949 14 14 0 24 2 3 4 0 0 6 7 1 46.42
Bledisloe Cup 1946-1949 5 5 0 19 1 2 4 0 0 2 3 0 40.00

Career statistics
Test debut New Zealand v Australia at Dunedin, Sep 14, 1946 match details
Last Test New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, Sep 24, 1949 match details
Test Statsguru Main menu | Career summary | Match list | Most points | Most tries | Tournament list

Trevor Allan was an Australian international who made his debut aged just 19 years of age, and he captained his country at 21. A native of Sydney, he played for Gordon Rugby Club and New South Wales before making the switch to rugby league with Leigh in England in 1950.

A masterful centre with a full set of attributes, Allan was equally strong in defence and attack and was noted for his composure and leadership ability.

Allan was selected to tour New Zealand in 1946, the Wallabies first post war tour. He made a notable impression against the experienced All Black defence and a year later he toured Europe and North America. It was on that tour that he replaced Bill McLean as captain when the skipper broke his leg.

The honour came just days after his 21st birthday, making him Australia's second youngest captain and their youngest touring captain. Australia beat Scotland, Ireland and England, but lost to Wales.

Two years later he led his side to the Bledisloe Cup, the first time an Australian side had taken the famous trophy in New Zealand. The Rugby Almanack of New Zealand named him as one of the top five players in the world for that year. He finished his international career with 52 appearances, 14 of which were tests and he captained Australia 40 times.

Having switched to league, Allan impressed in England making 97 appearances and scoring 52 tries over a five year period before returning to Sydney to see out his career with the North Sydney Bears. He retired and became a commentator on both union and league. He was awarded the Order of Australia for services to rugby union.

Live Sports

Communication error please reload the page.