Cardiff match likely to go ahead
Cardiff media officer Alan Evans, speaking to Scrum on Friday morning, has confirmed that Saturday's crucial European Cup match against Montferrand will go ahead at the Arms Park - providing there is no more heavy rain.
Last Monday's match against Neath was postponed when the pitch was considered un-playable on the morning of the game by the referee and despite some heavy rain on Thursday the pitch is now dry.
"We have sanded it and covered it on Thursday night and it seems OK now" said Evans "If there is any more heavy rain we might have a problem - but the forecast for South Wales is good. I'd said it's less than a one in ten chance that we will have problems.
The club decided on Thursday evening not to pursue the option of using Cardiff City Football Club's Ninian Park ground such was there confidence that the pitch would be OK.
Referee Alun Lewis does not arrive in Cardiff until 9pm on Friday so will not be able to make any pitch inspection until early on Saturday morning.