• Ferrari news

Massa will stay for 2012 - Montezemolo

ESPNF1 Staff
May 13, 2011 « Sauber aiming for 'a good few tenths' with upgrades | »
Felipe Massa will see out his contract at Ferrari © Getty Images
Enlarge
Related Links

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has confirmed Felipe Massa will be staying at the Italian team in 2012, adding that there is "no question about it".

Massa has a contract for next year, but after his disappointing 2010 season there had been rumblings that Mark Webber or Nico Rosberg could be drafted in to replace him. However, Montezemolo told CNN that the Brazilian will still be alongside Fernando Alonso next season.

"Yes, he has a contract with us for this year and for next year - so absolutely yes, no question about it," he answered.

As for Alonso, Montezemolo said he hopes to keep the Spaniard for "a long time".

"He is one of the best drivers I have seen in my career, very strong in the mind, pushing with the team in a constructive way, very close to the team," he said. "So I want to have Alonso for a long time."

Close