- Lotus news
No answer from Red Bull - Raikkonen
Kimi Raikkonen says he has not had an answer from Red Bull over a potential seat with the team next season.
Red Bull is looking to replace Mark Webber in 2014 and Raikkoenn was one of the favourites for the seat until his manager said talks had ended "some time ago" earlier this week. However, Christian Horner yesterday refused to rule out any driver getting the vacancy and Raikkonen said the stall in talks had come from the Red Bull side.
"I've had no answer from them and I will see what happens," Raikkonen said. "You will have to really ask them what they will do; I don't know any better than you guys … We haven't heard anything for a while, so obviously that's not the ideal situation but that's how it is."
Asked about rumours he could join Ferrari, Raikkonen said: "There's not much I can tell you other than that until there is anything 100% sure I don't have anything to tell. There's a lot of talk that I'm supposed to go to McLaren. I read somewhere that it's Ferrari one day and it's Lotus the next day so … I still don't have a contract so what else can I say?"
Raikkonen confirmed he is still awaiting payment from Lotus, saying it was an area he wanted rectifying if he were to stay at the team.
"Not as it should, but hopefully those things get sorted quickly."
Raikkonen also hinted that he may not have been ill on Thursday when he was absent from Spa.
"Maybe I could, it wouldn't change anything for me. You would ask me the same questions today that you would have asked yesterday. There's always reasons for things but I don't have to tell you all of those things."