• News

Baguette turns back on F1

ESPNF1 Staff
November 1, 2010 « Massa no number two, says Domenicali | »
Bertrand Baguette is no longer interested on making a name for himself in Formula One © Sutton Images
Enlarge

Bertrand Baguette said he is no longer interested in Formula One after he turned down the offer to drive in the upcoming season ending test in Abu Dhabi.

The new Renault World Series champion tested with Renault and Sauber late last year but the Belgian insisted his future now lies in Indycar due to the frustrations associated with trying to land a Formula One drive.

"I have received offers to participate in the upcoming test in Abu Dhabi, but I don't care to spend our budget on a programme that I suspect will not lead to anything," Baguette told the Belga news agency.

"Instead, I am focused on Indycar, where I have the feeling I can build a career. I don't want to spend any more of my time looking for an opening in F1, where a driver who has proved himself in the lower categories is not given a chance."

Close