Sutil 'extremely sorry' after Lux incident
Adrian Sutil has told a German court that he did everything he could to try to settle a row with Lotus co-owner Eric Lux after an incident in a nightclub in Shanghai last year.
Sutil is facing charges of attacking and injuring Lux and could face a one-year suspended sentence if he is found guilty. On the first day of the court hearing on Monday, Sutil expressed his regret over what happened.
"I did everything to try to settle this row," Reuters reported Sutil as saying. "I am really sorry, extremely sorry. I never wanted for this to happen."
Judge Christiane Thiemann read out a mail from Sutil to Lux dated last May, in which the driver offered to support Lux's African charity project. But Lux told the court that he had wanted a face-to-face apology.
"I expected him to come to Luxembourg and apologise to me. A call is not enough," he said.
The case will continue for a second day on Tuesday.