- Force India news
Sutil unwilling to wait for seat
Adrian Sutil says he will not wait until December to find out if he has a seat with Force India for the 2012 season.
Team principal Vijay Mallya has maintained that he will only announce his driver line-up for next year in mid-December after the current season has finished. With rumours circulating that third driver Nico Hulkenberg has been signed up to drive alongside Paul di Resta next season, Sutil has said he will seek talks with Mallya to find out what his plans are, but doesn't feel he has anything to prove to the Force India owner.
"I can't wait till December," Sutil told reporters ahead of this weekend's Indian Grand Prix. "I will speak to him (Mallya) very soon and see what his ideas are. I don't need to wait so long for a seat. I think I know what I can do, so I don't feel insecure."
Following the Hulkenberg reports last week, Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann said he would be looking to sort his future long before the previous deadline.
"That is not right," Zimmermann said. "The team - Vijay Mallya and Rob Fernley - confirmed yesterday (Thursday) that this is a rumour in the press and not the truth. We are in negotiations with the team. When they are concluded I cannot say, but we certainly will not wait until December the fifteenth."