McLaren looks set to announce 2015 driver line-up
McLaren appears to be ready to announce its 2015 driver line-up on Thursday after calling a media event at its factory in Woking.
Fernando Alonso is expected to be named alongside either Jenson Button or Kevin Magnussen, putting an end to weeks of speculation about the team's line-up. McLaren initially planned to announce its 2015 drivers ahead of the final race in Abu Dhabi, but then said it would postpone its decision until December.
The team has invited the press to "an important and exclusive media event" but did not mention the specific purpose. However, with pressure growing on the team to make a decision on the futures of Button and Magnussen, it is likely to be the long-awaited driver announcement.
On Friday last week McLaren racing director Eric Boullier said a decision would be made with the long-term future of the team in mind.
"I know there are a lot of fans, Jenson's fans, Kevin's fans, other drivers' fans and hopefully some McLaren fans, but it is just about taking the right decision for the future, not only for next year but also for the next years," he told Sky Sports.