- UFC 158
Rory MacDonald v Carlos Condit set for UFC 158
Rory MacDonald demanded a rematch with Carlos Condit in Seattle on Saturday, and the UFC has moved rapidly to grant him his wish.
It appears the UFC is planning a March card headed up by Canada's two favourite sons, with Georges St-Pierre v Nick Diaz tentatively pegged for the main event while MacDonald v Condit is already confirmed.
MacDonald stormed through BJ Penn at UFC on Fox 5, claiming a one-sided decision after he outboxed the former two-weight champion.
Directly after the fight, he grabbed hold of the microphone to call out Condit, who has inflicted the Canadian's only loss. MacDonald previously told ESPN he was "embarrassed" and "humiliated" by the defeat.
Condit is never one to shirk a challenge and, coming off a loss to champion Georges St-Pierre, he will now face another Tristar man in MacDonald.
The bout was revealed to MMA Junkie radio by MacDonald, before Dana White confirmed the news. The pair will square off on March 16 in Montreal.
Their first bout ended seven seconds from the final klaxon as Condit snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and MacDonald is delighted that he gets to avenge his loss in front of his home fans.
"In Montreal - I got exactly what I wanted," MacDonald said. "You can't get what you don't ask for. I'm very, very happy.
"I've been waiting for this day for two and a half years. It's something I've wanted more than anything since that night. It was embarrassing. I got beat up in front of my friends and family. It was just a very sad moment for me. It changed who I was, and I just want to get back to it."