- UFC 158
White not concerned despite Diaz vanishing act
UFC president Dana White remains confident Nick Diaz will show for his UFC 158 welterweight title showdown against Georges St-Pierre, despite failing to meet a series of TV commitments.
White spoke of Diaz's absences following Saturday's UFC London card, revealing the Stockton fighter had cost the company "a sh*tload of money" by leaving camera crews with nothing to film for the preview show to the event.
"How about if he had a professionally shot [preview], shot by professionals, the best in the business, the best at cutting and producing features on athletes? Imagine how f***ing good that would be," White told the media.
"But first we've got to get him to show up for the f***ing interviews, then we could do it. How many did he miss? Four? Three? Three. He missed three interviews."
Diaz has cost himself a title shot in the past by failing to show for a press conference, but White will remain happy as long as the former Strikeforce man continues to attend when it matters this time around. So far Diaz has fulfilled his major obligations, although the big date is fight night on March 16.
"He showed up for the press conference," White said. "I knew something was going to go bad somewhere, you know what I mean? It's just, that's Nick!
"We've had a crew in Stockton, for two weeks. When he doesn't do an interview, you know how much it costs us? A sh*tload of money. We've got a f***ing crew, rolling around Stockton, not doing a f***ing thing. It costs us a lot of money, and we can't properly sell the fight or Nick Diaz."